NYC Mechanical Keyboard Meetup Code of Conduct
The New York City Mechanical Keyboard Meetup believes our community and hobby should be open for everyone. We are committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion, preferred keyboard layout, switch type, or keyset.
We expect all meetup participants to help us realize a safe and positive conference experience for everyone. During the meetup we expect everyone will:
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert meetup organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Not take things that are not yours.
- Be respectful towards and gentle with boards on display.
- If you buy/sell/trade anything from/to/with attendees or vendors, you assume all of the risk in those transactions, and understand that organizers are not responsible for or liable for the outcome of those transactions.
- Participate in an authentic and active way. In doing so, you help to create this hobby and event and make it your own.
- Unacceptable behaviors include harassing, abusive, discriminatory, illegal, derogatory or violent conduct. Harassment includes: offensive comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of sexual images; deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of events; threats of violence or violent language directed against another person; inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
These behaviors will not be tolerated and anyone asked to stop is expected to comply immediately. If a participant behaves unacceptably, the meetup organizers or security may take action they deem appropriate, including expulsion from the meetup without warning or refund, and bans from future events.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a meetup organizer or security immediately.
We expect all participants to follow these rules at all meetup venues and meetup-related social events.
Organizers are available to help participants contact venue security or local law enforcement and to otherwise ensure everyone feels safe for the duration of the meetup. If you or anyone else are subject to unacceptable behavior, or you have any other concerns, notify an organizer as soon as possible. You can reach us at:
- resistance-frequencies#0839 on Discord
- violetrose#7322 on Discord
This Code of Conduct is based on the GORUCO Code of Conduct and itself licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike.